Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This is the Beginning

So it is February 1st and it just so happens that it is a Tuesday. This means that I got up this morning and went for a run... And it was the worst. I ran two blocks. I didn't sprint it, I jogged, and for the most part it was OK. The only thing that went wrong was the breathing. I was out of breath and it made me think about how I need to make sure that I am healthy. I hate the sound of always working out. I don't want to be a total meat head and I'm not doing it to impress anyone. It's not because I want to be skinny, it's because I want to be healthy and not run the risk of having some stupid disease when I get older because I didn't take good care of myself now. I mean the whole skinny thing is just an bonus but what it comes down to is simply this: Do I want to live for a long time or do I want to die at the age of 50 because of heart failure that I could have prevented. Just food for thought there.


Any way I noticed that this has become something like a journal and all I've been telling is of the struggles. Well I want to talk about something kind of happier so that all 6 of my readers don't get too bored and stop reading (if they haven't already). So as some of you may know my adopted mom runs a daycare. It can be one of the most fun things in the world. We have one child, Tyler, and he is one of the most subdued children that I know. He has what we call a "duh" face. He walks around with no facial expression. I love this kid to death, he is my minion. So lately I have been trying to get him to smile or at least have some sort of other facial expression. So I will make animal noises and make faces at him and he will smile the biggest smile ever. And he giggles. This makes me so happy to know that he is open to changing his facial expression. Now.... I am going to get him to talk.

2 comments:

  1. Tyler sounds adorable; I bet you'll have no trouble getting him to talk in time.

    Just in case you're interested, this blog offers some interesting insights into getting healthy. I figured this was something I might be able to do to help you in your endeavor. Whether you chose to go Paleo or not, I hope you're successful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude, I'll go check it out right now. (I say the word "dude" with the most respect :)

    ReplyDelete